The missed call reminder program for my N80 phone is done. There are still many things missing to make it a "real" application. But at current state, it suits my needs. So I will leave it as-is. Feel free to grab the source and improve it.
The current features / bugs are:
- By default, every 5 minutes, the program checks for missed calls and unread messages.
- If there are missed calls or unread messages, it will beep and vibrate
- The period of checking, beep tone, and vibrate duration are NOT configurable via the GUI. Modify the program if you want to :P
- When there is not enough memory, Symbian will close the background applications. Should have modified this program into a background service to avoid this
- The current method to check for unread messages is to open the inbox and loop the messages one by one. Need to find a more efficient approach / API
- When executed, the program main screen WILL NOT show. As most of the time you don't want to see the program main screen anyway (as there is NOTHING to see!). If you want to see the program main screen, you can press and hold the menu key on your phone and select the application.
- Update: The volume of the alert tone will follow the settings of the current portfolio
NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART. This program is for fun only. Absolutely no guarantee or whatsoever. Use at your own risk.
The source + binary + Carbide workspace are available. Feel free to modify the code (and remember send me the improved version :D). And here is the binary installable program.
"Use at your own risk" ... 睇到呢句就嬲啦，因為令我諗起 "Take our own cost" 呢句名句。
"take our own cost"... don't know that tim
Post a Comment