Just received my NVIDIA Jetson Nano developer kit today. Here are my first impressions:
- the mounting holes on the board are tiny. M3 pole won't fit. The package does come with a paper (!) stand though
- the board is picky on the power supply. Tried several USB chargers and the board will shutdown during boot. Ended up using the barrel plug. Needed to short jumper J48 to enable power supply via the barrel plug.
- during first boot, after configuring the keyboard etc, the machine froze when trying to login. Needed to recycle the power.
- Need to manually install Tensorflow for python3 (this should install the CUDA accelerated Tensorflow)
- When trying to install scipy with pip3 (compiling from source), the heatsink was too hot to touch and the machine eventually locked up. Needed to cycle the power to reboot.
- the cpuinfo:
- lsusb (with keyboard and mouse attached):
- first successful login: