(0) Things are working again with Tumbleeweed 20200108.
(1) The user needs to be member of the "video" group. Run this command to add yourself to the group "
sudo usermod -a -G video $LOGNAME"
(2) The site now has RPM packages for openSUSE. Go the http://repo.radeon.com/rocm/zyp/zypper/ to download the packages instead. Also, no need to specify "--nodeps" when installing the packages
- - 8< - - -
With Tumbleweed running Linux kernel 5.0, it is easy to install ROCm OpenCL with upstream kernel.
- Go to http://repo.radeon.com/rocm/zyp/zypper/ and download the latest version of following packages:
(EDIT 20200126) With ROCm 3.0, you also need to install these packages (due to an issue):
- Install them
sudo rpm -ivh comgr-188.8.131.52-cbb02f9-Linux.rpm hsakmt-roct-1.0.9-319-g02e2b30.x86_64.rpm hsa-rocr-dev-1.1.30100.0-local-build-ecafeba1-Linux.rpm rocm-opencl-2.0.0--8f28d95ad-Linux.rpm rocm-opencl-devel-2.0.0--8f28d95ad-Linux.rpm rocm-smi-lib64-184.108.40.206.local-build-0-a246aac.rpm rocminfo-220.127.116.11.local_build-0-a134847.rpm
- That's it! Optionally, install clinfo with zypper to check the available platforms. Or you can just use the one installed by rocminfo (under /opt/rocm*/bin). If you have been using Mesa OpenCL, you may want to uninstall it.