(0) Things are working again with Tumbleeweed 20200108.
(1) The user needs to be member of the "video" group. Run this command to add yourself to the group "
sudo usermod -a -G video $LOGNAME"
(2) The site now has RPM packages for openSUSE. Go the http://repo.radeon.com/rocm/zyp/zypper/ to download the packages instead. Also, no need to specify "--nodeps" when installing the packages
- - 8< - - -
With Tumbleweed running Linux kernel 5.0, it is easy to install ROCm OpenCL with upstream kernel.
- Go to http://repo.radeon.com/rocm/zyp/zypper/ and download the latest version of following packages:
(EDIT 20200126) With ROCm 3.0, you also need to install these packages (due to an issue):
- Install them without checking dependencies, assuming you already have libc etc packages installed, e.g.:
sudo rpm -ivh hsakmt-roct-1.0.9-135-g34da614-Linux.rpm hsa-rocr-dev-1.1.9-64-g619177ee-Linux.rpm rocm-opencl-1.2.0-2019040803.x86_64.rpm rocm-opencl-devel-1.2.0-2019040803.x86_64.rpm rocminfo-1.0.0-Linux.rpm
- That's it! Optionally, install clinfo with zypper to check the available platform. If you have been using Mesa OpenCL, you may want to uninstall it.